Tuesday, July 26, 2011

What type of assessment did you encounter most often while you were taught mathematics throughout your school years?

What type of assessment did you encounter most often while you were taught mathematics throughout your school years?

During most of my schooling from K - 12, I remember a lot of multiple choice questions.

I also remember having to work out a problem and showing the steps as to how I got the answers.

The show the steps were more challenging, but in the end these types of questions helped me to understand where I made the mistakes. A lot of times it was error in adding or just writing the numbers down in the wrong place.

Teachers who use these types of working out a problem can identify what steps I had a hard time understanding and can later help me by showing me how to work it out.

The multiple choices was always a 50/50 chance of getting it right when i didn't know or understand the questions. These types of questions did not help me out. Although, I know it saved the teachers a lot of time in correcting the test.

I'm not keen on multiple choice when it comes to math.



No comments:

Post a Comment